Tremor Gram – March 2015
National ET Awareness Month
It’s a great time to help raise awareness of essential tremor in our communities. With an estimated 10 million Americans affected, nearly everyone knows someone who has it. Now is the time to bring this condition out of the dark, to highlight essential tremor worldwide. And you can be part of it all! It’s up to us to do something about ET.
- Share it with your networks on social media and in-person to inspire and engage others. Download the awareness month digital tools (Facebook cover photo, email signature, etc.).
- Make an online donation of $25 or more and receive an awareness t-shirt.
- Host your own creative fundraising event (bake sale, dinner party, dress down day at work, etc.).
- Distribute free posters at your local library, grocery store, church and everywhere else you frequent.
- Think about what you already do and make one extra push. Make a few more calls, send a fundraising email, make an extra donation or get a friend to join you at a community walk
ET Expo Presentations Available Online
Hundreds of people affected by ET flocked to Phoenix for the IETF’s first-ever ET Expo making it a huge success. Seven world-renowned movement disorders specialists and experts provided ET patients with an incredible educational experience. And now YOU can view the presentations online for free. Simply click on the button below and choose the presenter and topic you wish to view.
As a way to celebrate National ET Awareness Month, share these and other IETF webcasts with your friends and family to help educate and bring more knowledge to the cause. Knowledge is power. Together, knowledge brings us one step closer to a cure.
ET Reference Guide: Discover the Unknown
Dive deep into to the unknown and discover all there is to know about ET in the essential tremor reference guide, Essential Tremor: What the Experts Say. With just a minimum $30 annual donation, you’ll gain insight and a better understanding of topics ranging from Genetics of ET and ET vs. Parkinson’s to Emotional Aspects of ET and Prospects for Better Treatments and a Cure.