Dr. Elan Louis at Yale University and Dr. Lorraine Clark at Columbia University They are calling on the assistance of the ET community to help them complete this groundbreaking family research study, which at the moment is the largest NIH-funded project of its kind. This is a nationwide study, and the researchers will travel to meet with qualified participants and there are no costs to participate. The help of the ET community is vital.
Eligible candidates would comply with the following criteria:
- You have been diagnosed by a doctor as having ET (rather than dystonia or Parkinson’s Disease, for example).
- Your tremor started by the time you were 50 years old.
- You have at least two living relatives who have been diagnosed as having ET by a doctor without any accompanying dystonia or Parkinson’s disease.
- You have at least two relatives who do not have ET.
- You think you and your family members would be willing to donate a blood sample, answer some questionnaires and undergo a videotaped neurological exam.
If you are interested, call 203.785.5719 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.