Medical Device Study
Cala Health is a medical device company developing novel treatments for hand tremors. They are collaborating with leading physicians, scientists, and innovators on therapies that may reduce tremor without drugs or brain surgery.
Study Participation Requirements
- Using the investigational, body worn device at home for two to four weeks to see if it may help with your hand tremor symptoms.
- Office visits lasting 2-3 hours every two weeks (total of three visits), weekly phone check-ins, and daily dairying of tremor-affecting activities.
- You will be compensated for your time.
Eligibility requirements include:
- 22 to 80 years old
- Hand tremors due to essential tremor
- Moderate to severe hand tremors in the dominant hand
- Currently or previously prescribed propranolol or primidone for the treatment of essential tremor
- No implanted electrical medical device, such as a pacemaker, defibrillator, or deep brain stimulator
- No previous brain surgery for the treatment of tremor
- No suspected or diagnosed epilepsy or other seizure disorder
- No nerve problems affecting the dominant hand
- No other neurodegenerative disease (e.g. Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, etc.)
- No botox for hand tremor within 6 months prior to study entry
- No participation in another interventional clinical trial within 30 days of study entry
- No previous participation in another Cala Health clinical trial
- Not pregnant or anticipating pregnancy during the course of the study
- No diagnosed alcoholism
If you are interested in participating and think that you may be eligible, please call or email your nearest study site location.
Movement & Neuroperformance Center of Colorado; Englewood, CO
Monique Giroux, MD
Booth Gardener Parkinson’s Care Center; Kirkland, WA
Pinky Agarwal, MD, FAAN
Personal Care Neurology, Oakland CA
Dhira Khosla, DO
University of Kansas Medical Center, Kansas City, KS
Rajesh Pahwa, MD