Brain Function Study – Yale University
Dr. Elan Louis and colleagues at Yale University have undertaken a national research initiative
(COGNET). The objective is to learn more about brain functioning in patients with ET. Dr. Louis and his colleagues are calling on the assistance of the ET community to help them complete this groundbreaking, NIH‐funded research.
Eligible candidates would comply with the following criteria:
- You have been diagnosed by a doctor as having ET (rather than dystonia or Parkinson’s Disease, for example).
- You are at least 55 years old.
- You did NOT have brain surgery for ET (e.g., DBS).
- You are willing to have three interviews with us (now, 18 months, 36 months), which will take place in your home. Each interview will consist of an interview and the administration of pencil and paper type tests in a number of areas including reading comprehension, problem-solving, planning, attention, language, and perception. Each interview will last approximately 4 hours total and can be split over two days if you prefer.
- You are willing to become a brain donor in the future. We would discuss this further with you.This is a national study in which the researchers will travel to meet with qualified participants. If you are interested, call 203.785.6818 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information visit www.cognet.us.