The Family Study of Essential Tremor
Movement Disorders Division of Yale University
Families across the U.S. are being recruited for in-home research assessments. For this study a certain number of family members must have ET and a certain number must not have it.
Eligibility requirements include:
- You have been diagnosed by a doctor as having ET (rather than dystonia or Parkinson’s disease, for example).
- Your tremor had started by the time you were 50 years old.
- You have at least two living relatives who have been diagnosed as having essential tremor by a doctor. They also do not have accompanying dystonia or Parkinson’s disease.
- You have at least two relatives who do not have essential tremor.
- You think you and your family members would be willing to donate a blood sample, answer some questionnaires and undergo a videotaped neurological exam.
This is a nationwide study, and the researchers will travel to meet with qualified participants. There is no cost to participate.
If you are interested, call 203.785.5754 or email email@example.com.
More information is available on the Yale website.