At least $10 billion in workplace matching funds go unclaimed each year. Often, employees don’t know their employer will match their charitable donations to non-profit organizations, so the money remains undistributed. Some employers even double or triple the amount of your gift. Here is a list of top companies that have matching gift programs: Corporate Matching Gift Programs. Does your company offer matching gifts? Let us know and we’ll add you to our list.
• Many employers match gifts made by company board members and retired employees.
• Many employers match gift stock.
• If married, both you and your spouse’s employers might match your contribution.
• Some employers make cash donations when their employees volunteer for charitable and not-for-profit organizations.
Here’s what you do:
• Ask Human Resources or Personnel if your employer has a Matching Gift Program
• Next, Ask for a Matching Gift Program form
• Finally, fill out the form and mail it with your contribution to:
International Essential Tremor Foundation (IETF)
PO Box 14005, Lenexa KS 66285-4005
Here are some companies that already participate in the IETF’s matching gift program:
Amica Companies Foundation
Bank of America Matching Gift Program
Benevity Community Impact Fund
ConocoPhillips Matching Gift Program
Google Matching Gifts Program
HP Company Match
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies
Kaiser Permanente Matching Gifts
Medtronic Your Cause
Microsoft Giving Campaign
National Life Insurance
QUALCOMM Matching Grant Program
Shell Oil Company
UBS Employee Giving Program
Zurich Employee Matching Program